miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2014

So, is my English good or bad?

                I have always liked English; even if when I was like twelve or something, I wanted to learn ‘German’ (Instead I got two years of French… I only remember how to say ‘My name is…’ and the marseillaise, I still want to learn some German).



          I have better English that most of my friends, but I still get pretty nervous while talking it so I confuse words, but mostly the pronunciation of said words. That is my biggest problem talking English, I keep repeating ‘I’m going to say something wrong, I’m going to say something wrong’ like a mantra in my head and get even more anxious than I regularly do talking in public. I wish there was and Internet website where I could improve my pronunciation, because being afraid of saying something stupid, keeps me from saying the actual things. For example, this year, in English four everyone talks pretty well, so I feel kind of bad every time that I mess up a word while reading out loud and I make bigger mistakes because of it, something that didn’t happen in English three.

          I think that I have a good enough vocabulary; I have it because I read a lot in English (Most of the time I only use this language to read for entertainment).

         One of my biggest problems writing in English are the words that look the same but mean really different things, like thought and tough, because I know what I want to say and how it sounds, but when I’m trying to write it, I have to think about each word and how are they spelled.

         While I listen to someone talking in English, the most complicate thing is listening to slangs that I don’t know (Even if I do know a lot of them), like Australian or Canadian slangs (Because I’m more used to British and American English), especially if the dialect is a little complicate like Welsh people talking English.


In general, I really like the English language and I would love to keep improving it and, if I get the opportunity, learnt a third language as well. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario