miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014

My favourite food.

                Well I’m really picky about food; I have a habit that most of the people think is weird, I don’t like to mix different foods, the only one that I enjoy mixed is the traditional ‘Completo’ (The Italian hot-dog that we make here in Chile), but in general is like one side rice, one side meat, one side spaghetti etc.

  
                I have some favourite foods but, if there is something that I enjoy a lot, and I mean it, A LOT, those are potatoes.



                Obviously, my favourite form for them is fries/french fries, thin and crispy, they are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, because I supposed to be on a diet so, I shouldn’t be eating them, at least daily (Just joking, I haven’t ate them in more than a month).


                My second most loved form for them is mashed potatoes; I specially enjoy a good ‘Purée’ with a lot of milk, cream (My mother does it like that) or butter; nice, creamy and soft, with a side of pork or some kind of tasty meat.



                With the mashed potatoes, come the boiled ones. I love them, most of the time I eat them without a side food like meat or sausages etc, only with a little oil and salt, the ones from Carahue (A city near Temuco) are awesome.




                I love as well them with mayonnaise, those are called here ‘Ensalada Rusa’ (Russian salad), they have some other ingredients like carrots or coriander, but I enjoy them just with mayonnaise (The problem with mixing food).



                There is some other options like ‘Papas duquesas’ (Duchess(e) potatoes), I have some good memories attached to those but I don’t enjoy them as much as the others, or you could use the potatoes in other dishes. At the end of the day the thing is… that I love potatoes :D they are awesome!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario